Phoenix Ignition
Phoenix Ignition
Phoenix Ignition
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RegisterHomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Beta Weekend 6-5-12
Regular Group setup Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2012 8:22 pm by Anoman

» Prerelease Recruitment
Regular Group setup Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2012 7:31 pm by Anoman

» Release Date?!?
Regular Group setup Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2012 2:38 pm by Dyxin

» Trying out a new hosting site
Regular Group setup Icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2012 1:49 pm by Anoman

» Holy freaking awesome!!!!
Regular Group setup Icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2012 1:42 pm by Anoman

» Realm of the Mad God
Regular Group setup Icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2012 9:46 pm by Anoman

» Thoughts and opinions.
Regular Group setup Icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2012 8:45 pm by Anoman

Poll
What night(s) works best for Warzone night?
Monday
Regular Group setup Empty0%Regular Group setup Empty
 0% [ 0 ]
Tuesday
Regular Group setup Empty0%Regular Group setup Empty
 0% [ 0 ]
Wednesday
Regular Group setup Empty22%Regular Group setup Empty
 22% [ 2 ]
Thursday
Regular Group setup Empty44%Regular Group setup Empty
 44% [ 4 ]
Friday
Regular Group setup Empty11%Regular Group setup Empty
 11% [ 1 ]
Saturday
 11% [ 1 ]
Sunday
 11% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 9
Most Viewed Topics
Ranks discussion
Guardian or Defiant?
Beta Weekend 6-5-12
Ali's story thread
Free PI Stickers!
Regular Group setup
Podcast!!!
Risen From the Ashes
Top 5 Movies of All Time!
Top 5 Bands All Time

Regular Group setup

Go down 
+3
Deuces
Anoman
Smartiepants
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Smartiepants
Admin
Smartiepants

Renown : 245

Regular Group setup Empty
PostSubject: Regular Group setup   Regular Group setup Icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2011 12:21 pm

With the last beta just around the corner and Launch just after I think we all need to get our roles figured out. . . I propose we do this during the next beta or just have a forum convo about it at least. . . . Seeing as no one is 100% set in stone yet we really need to get people all on the same page. . . .

What are everyones thoughts on this???

Last edited by Snargles on Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://pigaming.forumotion.com/
Anoman
Admin
Anoman

Renown : 603

PostSubject: Re: Regular Group setup   Regular Group setup Icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 11:13 pm

I have been playing an archer through beta, but I think Ill leave that up to you Snargles. My true calling is usually a tank for my main and then a healer, but I may just start with a pure healer build for my main. I really enjoy being a supporting class.

Count me in as main healer.
Back to top Go down
Deuces

Deuces

Renown : 60

PostSubject: Re: Regular Group setup   Regular Group setup Icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2011 12:07 am

Going heals as well. I'm digging the various feels that are available in the Cleric class. Most likely my initial build will be Inquisitor/Purifier/Warden. With all the possibilities available though, that is surely to evolve some, but since we are playing Guardian, I will be the Dwarf Cleric.
Back to top Go down
http://caringbridge.com/visit/austincauthen
Anoman
Admin
Anoman

PostSubject: Re: Regular Group setup   Regular Group setup Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 7:50 pm

I have switched my main class to be a tank. Although a lot of stuff with get ironed out in game, I think it is a great idea to get some premade Warzone groups set up in the beginning. This will allow us to hash out everyone's roles within the group. Granted we will not always have the same people, and I never want to exclude anyone because they are not a certain something, but it would be fun to have an A squad to dominate the competition from time to time. Maybe even set up events for various groups to play, instead of a general Warzone day. Maybe once a month have a different group scheduled on a day. That way noone will feel left out, because they will earn their spot in various groups. I like how I said "earned", maybe that would build in a goal for people to work towards. Ah who knows, Im just spewing out my thoughts as they come. Please leave remarks and comments!
Back to top Go down
Deuces

Deuces

PostSubject: Re: Regular Group setup   Regular Group setup Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 7:55 pm

I particularly like the idea of multiple groups. I'd hate to miss out simply because of my hectic schedule. I do plan to stick with heals, and man I have enjoyed it this beta. I have been leading the majority of the contribution on rifts and having a blast doing it. My Inq/Pur build just feels like it will be incredible for group pvp.

I am curious though about the process for establishing the guild. I could probably look it up somewhere about all the guild perks and what not, but there isn't that much out there in terms of what is available. Now that I am rambling on about it, I think I'll go look. *wanders off*
Back to top Go down
Anoman
Admin
Anoman

PostSubject: Re: Regular Group setup   Regular Group setup Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 7:57 pm

What do you mean "process" as in physically creating the guild in the capital, or the benefits of being in a guild, or something else?

Back to top Go down
Deuces

Deuces

PostSubject: Re: Regular Group setup   Regular Group setup Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 7:59 pm

Well, both actually. I was curious how much it costs, is there a charter process requiring sigs, or something else all together. Then I'm curious about benefits like guild levels, perks, banks, and all that good stuff. I never made it to the city on any of my beta runs. I tended to just stay outside and run from rift to rift. I can be easily distracted like that sometimes.
Back to top Go down
Anoman
Admin
Anoman

PostSubject: Re: Regular Group setup   Regular Group setup Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 8:07 pm

Glad you asked, because I really enjoy guild aspects of MMOs so I tend to be well informed on the topic. Anywho.

You establish a guild by purchasing a charter for a set number (Zach did it in beta so I missed out on the price). Then, similar to WoW (wish I hadn't mentioned that game), you go around and receive 5 signatures. Good thing with us, we wont have to spam our charter to get signed Smile. Then whala you have established a guild.

Guilds level similar to Warhammer, however you do not get XP simply by playing the game. You have to complete Guild Quests that are picked up in the Capital. Examples are "Close 50 rifts and kill 500 planeswarn enemies", "Win X # of Warzones", "Complete X# of certain dugeon." Only one quest can be activated at a time. The values for completing these quests make it hard to achieve in a quick manner, unless you are actively working towards them as a guild. I like the idea of having to consciously work at the quests, as it should make for some nice guild events.

The perk system is also similar to Warhammer, but I feel the perks are much more beneficial. The perk we got first, in beta, was the guild banner which allowed anyone to throw down the banner and other guild members could teleport to the banner. There are a lot of passive and active perks that help leveling, cash gain, and even increase PvP stats. You unlock various perk points with each level. I feel that this system can, and will, be expanded on in the couple months after release (well I hope anyway, because I love guild perks).

I kinda threw that together without much proofreading or grammer check, so don't hold me to it.

Anything I didn't answer?
Back to top Go down
Deuces

Deuces

PostSubject: Re: Regular Group setup   Regular Group setup Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 8:15 pm

Nah, thats good. Was really just curious about how it all went with this game. I'm just excited to be participating from the beginning. I have lots of time, just not much of it is consecutive. With quests like the close rifts and kill rift spawn, I feel that my odd times will be still useful for sure.

I also agree that its better that the quests are the method of advancing the guilds instead of just regular adventuring. This will really show which guilds have their ducks in a row and are working together.

I think I'm extra pumped because its been a while since I had a solid guild to run with. I had an awesome guild in EQ2 for the first year and a half that I played, but then I deployed and after that it was WoW, Eq2 again, and then WoW again. All of those post-deployment games just didn't have the enjoyment that running with a solid guild did that first stretch did. So, I'm ready for head start to be here.
Back to top Go down
Gorilla

Gorilla

Renown : 16

PostSubject: My set-up   Regular Group setup Icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 3:00 pm

I'm leaning towards more of a mage build at start but will have alts for sure... My main will be a Necrolockmancer... Necro/Warlock/Chloro. Since I will play during the day while most are at work, this build is extremely good at solo play.

Back to top Go down
Deuces

Deuces

PostSubject: Re: Regular Group setup   Regular Group setup Icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 4:07 pm

Haha I am as likely to be playing during day as I will be at night, so Ill hook you up w/ some heals. I'd attempt to explain my schedule, but it would be useless.
Back to top Go down
Smartiepants
Admin
Smartiepants

Renown : 245

PostSubject: Support Souls   Regular Group setup Icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 6:06 pm

Each Calling has at least one soul that is more "group oriented"

Warrior - Warlord

Rogue - Bard

Mage - Archon

Cleric - There are no real Buff Crazy Classes for Cleric so I would say for healing that the Sentinal is the obvious answer. For DPS I would say probably Justicar (at 15 Points)

So I realize that Anoman will most likely pick up Warlord I will definitely have a build the includes bard but that will most likely be my Second Build and one that I will only break out when necessary. And my Mage alt will have Archon. . . It is hard to say how much time I will invest into the mage though haha

Has anyone else looked into these souls at least for Grouping/Raiding as there benefits are amazing especially when stacked.
Back to top Go down
https://pigaming.forumotion.com/
Deuces

Deuces

PostSubject: Re: Regular Group setup   Regular Group setup Icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 6:19 pm

Yes, actually, seeing as I am playing Cleric main, I've been theorycrafting quite a bit these last 2 days. I have decided that Sent/Ward/Pur seems to bring the best benefits. Early levels, heavy into Sent and slowly adding into Warden as needed. Later levels adding into Pur just to get the extras to healing effectiveness early on.

I think this will be honestly the best for my play style in both groups and in PvP. No matter how I change it around, I seem to be going back to this makeup. I tried to look into playing Warden as the higher of the 2, but that seemed as if it would be a bit too complicated for PvP play and more suitable to PvE.

I realize that we can have 4 builds, but from what I can tell, healing is not a cake walk in this game. My small experience in Warfronts and from all the Forum posts and blogs I have read seem to point to a much more involved thing. I don't want to have to learn too many things from the get go, so I will probably stick to 1 healing build for the first while until I get a more firm grasp on things.

My secondary builds at first will most likely be 2 different dps builds. One based of Inquis/Pur/Ward and the other a Shaman build of some sort. Not too sure on these yet. I have a feeling there will be much respecing going on in my future.
Back to top Go down
Naaul

Renown : 9

PostSubject: Re: Regular Group setup   Regular Group setup Icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 9:59 pm

I am planning on rolling a Chloromancer healer for my main. Fell in love with them in beta 6 once I found out they can group heal so well. I will start out as Chloro/Warlock/Ele for leveling and go from there.
Back to top Go down
Dyxin

Dyxin

Renown : 86

PostSubject: Re: Regular Group setup   Regular Group setup Icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2011 12:41 am

Me and my girlfriend are a package tank healer deal Smile ill be playing the healer, ill have a melee tank role and a full healz role, and an alt DPS rouge and i can log as my GFs tank when needed Smile
Back to top Go down
aberwrath

aberwrath

Renown : 4

PostSubject: Re: Regular Group setup   Regular Group setup Icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2011 3:15 am

I'll be rolling my Rift/Bard/Ranger spec for groups and stuff, and will be using my marksman/ranger/bard spec for soloing and exploring.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Regular Group setup   Regular Group setup Icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2012 11:42 am

Shupiula Passou Por Aqui.

By: Shupiulaa--'
Regular Group setup L5euxeu3teu0v9bd0r1a
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Regular Group setup   Regular Group setup Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Regular Group setup
Page 1 of 1