Phoenix Ignition
Phoenix Ignition
Phoenix Ignition
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RegisterHomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Beta Weekend 6-5-12
Thoughts and opinions. Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2012 8:22 pm by Anoman

» Prerelease Recruitment
Thoughts and opinions. Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2012 7:31 pm by Anoman

» Release Date?!?
Thoughts and opinions. Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2012 2:38 pm by Dyxin

» Trying out a new hosting site
Thoughts and opinions. Icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2012 1:49 pm by Anoman

» Holy freaking awesome!!!!
Thoughts and opinions. Icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2012 1:42 pm by Anoman

» Realm of the Mad God
Thoughts and opinions. Icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2012 9:46 pm by Anoman

» Thoughts and opinions.
Thoughts and opinions. Icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2012 8:45 pm by Anoman

Poll
What night(s) works best for Warzone night?
Monday
Thoughts and opinions. Empty0%Thoughts and opinions. Empty
 0% [ 0 ]
Tuesday
Thoughts and opinions. Empty0%Thoughts and opinions. Empty
 0% [ 0 ]
Wednesday
Thoughts and opinions. Empty22%Thoughts and opinions. Empty
 22% [ 2 ]
Thursday
Thoughts and opinions. Empty44%Thoughts and opinions. Empty
 44% [ 4 ]
Friday
Thoughts and opinions. Empty11%Thoughts and opinions. Empty
 11% [ 1 ]
Saturday
 11% [ 1 ]
Sunday
 11% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 9
Most Viewed Topics
Ranks discussion
Guardian or Defiant?
Beta Weekend 6-5-12
Ali's story thread
Free PI Stickers!
Regular Group setup
Podcast!!!
Risen From the Ashes
Top 5 Movies of All Time!
Top 5 Bands All Time

Thoughts and opinions.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Anoman
Admin
Anoman

Renown : 603

Thoughts and opinions. Empty
PostSubject: Thoughts and opinions.   Thoughts and opinions. Icon_minitimeSat Apr 28, 2012 10:25 am

A lot of great games are close to release. Although star wars has been an awesome restart for PI, I feel that moving into a game at launch is beneficial. I am especially looking for a game, such as Warhammer, were guilds can make a name for themselves. I think either Guild Wars or Tera might be viable options. I know N8 partook in a beta weekend for Tera, so he can shed some light.

Guild Wars looks particularly appeasing to me for these reasons:
- No monthly subscription (I have little play time some months.)
- Level disparity is not great, meaning high level chars can "sidekick" with lower chars and do the same things. (time requirements and my love of grouping with people.
- "Guild Wars" (although I never played the first game, I have heard positive things and I would love guild vs guild warfare.)

Diablo III will certainly be a game I pickup and will play a whole bunch, but it has limited mass grouping capabilities.

Let me know what everyone is thinking. I want to make decisions on new games before we burn out on current games and lose many great members, which has been our problem in the past. Lets keep this momentum going and make a real impact in our next title.

Back to top Go down
Kamuiteka

Kamuiteka

Renown : 32

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts and opinions.   Thoughts and opinions. Icon_minitimeSat Apr 28, 2012 12:00 pm

Personally I feel that we are really only brushing the surface with Star Wars still. The majority of our players still have not even hit 50 and haven't gotten to experience that. I'm not saying I plan on playing Star Wars forever but I feel that it still has a lot of life left in it for PI. No we're not a big name guild on the server but we might be once we hit endgame or we might not, it really doesn't matter to me. I am just enjoying having people to talk to when I log on and I am looking forward to doing endgame with them in Star Wars.

I would worry as well that if it is decided to move to a new game too soon we will lose some of the newer members. I feel the best move for PI right now is to stick with Star Wars and if we do that I feel like our player base will grow and get stronger so when the time comes later on down the road and we have exhausted our play in Star Wars we can move on.
Back to top Go down
Anoman
Admin
Anoman

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts and opinions.   Thoughts and opinions. Icon_minitimeSat Apr 28, 2012 2:37 pm

Valid points, and don't get me wrong I do agree there is much to be had with star wars.

I personally am afraid of missing out on endgame because I am far behind with limited playtime.

Regardless, I wont move into a new game without bringing people with. Similar to how Rift worked out. Going into a game with 10-15 people is key.
Back to top Go down
Kamuiteka

Kamuiteka

Renown : 32

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts and opinions.   Thoughts and opinions. Icon_minitimeSat Apr 28, 2012 7:35 pm

I can understand that I don't like it when I fall behind as well. I would be willing to level up a toon to run flashpoints and warzones with you. Also you're not that far behind and when you hit 50 you'll be able to jump right in with us.

I'd really like to see PI grow strong and gain a good strong base of people so when the time comes a while down the road to move onto a new game we can do it together.
Back to top Go down
Samuri

Samuri

Renown : 8

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts and opinions.   Thoughts and opinions. Icon_minitimeSat Apr 28, 2012 10:59 pm

I will be playing Star Wars for a long time. So if you guys decide to leave then I wish you the best. Smile

Im not really excited for any other MMO's that are coming out. So if a majority does decide to leave swtor, please promote someone to Guild Master so we can continue to flourish and prosper .
Back to top Go down
Anoman
Admin
Anoman

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts and opinions.   Thoughts and opinions. Icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2012 1:29 am

Again, don't get me wrong. We are going nowhere. We will play swotr to the ground. I juwst wanted aconcensus and I seem to have it. I play games to play with people I enjoy. I won't move on until everyone does. However I don't want to lose people one by one to burnout either. I enjoy swotr and will continue to play, just wanted a feel for where we were.
Back to top Go down
Dimitriov

Renown : 5

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts and opinions.   Thoughts and opinions. Icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2012 9:18 am

My plan is to stick with SWTOR for sure for quite a while. This game is ultimately a nerds crack... not to mention casting force lighting at people is a great way to unwind after a day of work dealing with children who put Sith to shame when it comes to the dark side.

Like Adam, I'd love to get another toon up to level with you, so I can start working on that a bit on the side... swtor is definitely a game you want to play with others as opposed to not.

As for future gaming, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't going to get consumed by the power of diablo III when it comes out. I've been waiting for that one for quite a while now (kinda like Star Craft Ghost). It'll be a cool side track for a bit for sure.
Back to top Go down
aspect

aspect

Renown : 39

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts and opinions.   Thoughts and opinions. Icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2012 10:45 pm

GW2 looks like it has some cool mechanics for sure. We looked into it a bit before picking up swtor. To be honest though, we've looked at a lot of MMOs over the years and although we tried a few for a couple days just for something to do, swtor is the only one that we've felt was appealing enough to get into (cool mechanics, fanderey likes bioware games, I'm a huge star wars/scifi nerd...). So, we will be sticking around in starwars...unlikely that we'll be playing another MMO anytime soon. I know it's fairly superficial but I am way less interested in another swords and arrows MMO, especially now that I've played an MMO with missiles in it.
Back to top Go down
Anoman
Admin
Anoman

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts and opinions.   Thoughts and opinions. Icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2012 8:45 pm

http://www.pcgamer.com/previews/guild-wars-2-preview-5/

Good read/preview of guild wars. Looks cool.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts and opinions.   Thoughts and opinions. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Thoughts and opinions.
Page 1 of 1