Phoenix Ignition
Phoenix Ignition
Phoenix Ignition
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RegisterHomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Beta Weekend 6-5-12
Phoenix Igniton Battlegroups! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2012 8:22 pm by Anoman

» Prerelease Recruitment
Phoenix Igniton Battlegroups! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2012 7:31 pm by Anoman

» Release Date?!?
Phoenix Igniton Battlegroups! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2012 2:38 pm by Dyxin

» Trying out a new hosting site
Phoenix Igniton Battlegroups! Icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2012 1:49 pm by Anoman

» Holy freaking awesome!!!!
Phoenix Igniton Battlegroups! Icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2012 1:42 pm by Anoman

» Realm of the Mad God
Phoenix Igniton Battlegroups! Icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2012 9:46 pm by Anoman

» Thoughts and opinions.
Phoenix Igniton Battlegroups! Icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2012 8:45 pm by Anoman

Poll
What night(s) works best for Warzone night?
Monday
Phoenix Igniton Battlegroups! Empty0%Phoenix Igniton Battlegroups! Empty
 0% [ 0 ]
Tuesday
Phoenix Igniton Battlegroups! Empty0%Phoenix Igniton Battlegroups! Empty
 0% [ 0 ]
Wednesday
Phoenix Igniton Battlegroups! Empty22%Phoenix Igniton Battlegroups! Empty
 22% [ 2 ]
Thursday
Phoenix Igniton Battlegroups! Empty44%Phoenix Igniton Battlegroups! Empty
 44% [ 4 ]
Friday
Phoenix Igniton Battlegroups! Empty11%Phoenix Igniton Battlegroups! Empty
 11% [ 1 ]
Saturday
 11% [ 1 ]
Sunday
 11% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 9
Most Viewed Topics
Ranks discussion
Guardian or Defiant?
Beta Weekend 6-5-12
Ali's story thread
Free PI Stickers!
Regular Group setup
Podcast!!!
Risen From the Ashes
Top 5 Movies of All Time!
Top 5 Bands All Time

Phoenix Igniton Battlegroups!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Anoman
Admin
Anoman

Renown : 603

Phoenix Igniton Battlegroups! Empty
PostSubject: Phoenix Igniton Battlegroups!   Phoenix Igniton Battlegroups! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 9:28 pm

I am going to elaborate on the topic that was raised over in the "Regular Group" thread about set warzone groups.

I discussed this with Nate in a Skype conversation, and worked out some issues to ensure that this would not turn into anything along the lines of Elistism/Selection/Privileges for the few. We really want this to be something to motivate people to play their best, and to want to work as a team. If it gets to the point of people feeling excluded, then we will have to reevaluate the system.

Here is the system. We are going to establish 3-4 fairly set groups of members. These groups will each have an appointed leader whom will select their team based on a few factors.

1: Attitude
2: Teamwork
3: Fit within team
4: Motivation to play their best

It will not be based solely on solo performance. We are looking to create groups of members who will learn to play well together; to perform well as a single unit instead of individuals. Each group will be balanced with openings for classes as located below

1 Tank
2 Clerics
1 Rouge
1 Mage

Dps can be mixed and matched...

No one is safe once they are selected for a group, including the leaders. There will be monthly leadership polls to keep a leader in place, or remove them, based on their performance. Anyone can be a leader, if they have the motivation and drive to lead people.

This will also benefit us in Open PvP, as we will have established mini-groups within our raid. The raid leader will coordinate the various groups through the group leaders. In theory this would make it easy to coordinate because you will know who you are suppose to be with at all times.

All of these groups will be at equal standing. They will not be better than anyone else in the guild. They are simply in place to make PvP efficient, fun, and tactical. I hope members will take these groups seriously, and truly try to make our guild groups feared in PvP.

Each on these established groups will be showcased on our website under the "Rift" tab.

Yours Truly,
Josh Anderson

This will most likely be modified, since I just spewed my ideas to get them out. Please post comments and concerns.
Back to top Go down
Anoman
Admin
Anoman

Renown : 603

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix Igniton Battlegroups!   Phoenix Igniton Battlegroups! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 11:04 pm

I was thinking, what is holding us back from having established groups for everyone in the guild? I encourage people to create groups, within the guild, that they feel comfortable playing with, and are successful with. We could go as far as having mini brackets within our guild for these battlegroups. I just don't want to go to far, and segregate our guild into predetermined groups.

Even for the 3-4 groups set up by Officers, I am only suggesting that these predetermined groups plan event days to group up. We will still group with all of our guild members and what not. Also, by setting up dates and times it will be easier to have the full group online at a time.

Oh, and we will create separate group channels with password protection in our vent server to utilize while grouping. Only members of the group will have the password to avoid randoms coming in and ruining the flow.
Back to top Go down
Gorilla

Gorilla

Renown : 16

PostSubject: Gorilla   Phoenix Igniton Battlegroups! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 3:05 pm

We had this system in another MMO and they were set up as groups to run dungeons on different nights. So for folks who can only make Thursday raids they would all group up, etc... this is a great idea. Name each group and that group will pick the night and time they raid if the core group needs to fill a spot then they will ask in general guild for a volunteer.

Gorilla
Back to top Go down
Smartiepants
Admin
Smartiepants

Renown : 245

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix Igniton Battlegroups!   Phoenix Igniton Battlegroups! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 9:04 pm

After watching this video it only further cemented my belief in this system. With Warfronts being bigger and more dynamic than Scenarios in Warhammer "battlegroups" will have more defined roles and play styles. For instance in the given video the Warfront is a max of 15 people.

We could hypothetically get three groups in (still cannot queue as a raid but nonetheless) Therefore we can setup groups based around specific tasks. Something like group 1 is in charge of defense 1 in charge of running the Sourcestone and one group in charge of controlling the middle of the battlefield. Group setup in this instance may be less conventional as you would want someone like a Marksman running the Sourcestone mainly as they are they have the fastest unmounted movement. Especially with a bard in support to help heal and to add the movement speed buff. Simple enough. The key to success in this map is Map Control so keeping warriors/clerics in the middle is a major key to success. As the survivabilty of the runners will depend on having the support across the middle of the map. Then keep some Crowd Control/Heavy Hitters in the back lines to keep stealthers from sneaking around and ninja stealing our soucestone or ganking the carrier around the turn in point.

All of that said the main idea of this post is that Battlegroups will have to remain dynamic and put people where they are needed on a circumstantial bases rather than playing with the same group of people regardless of situation.
Back to top Go down
https://pigaming.forumotion.com/
Deuces

Deuces

Renown : 60

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix Igniton Battlegroups!   Phoenix Igniton Battlegroups! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 25, 2011 11:22 pm

The only problem I see with this in the short term is the level difference in toons. That is the short term however. Eventually, everyone will be 50 and things will be set in stone, which will make things much easier. Some people are leveling masters while others have to go a bit slower. I know this is obvious, but I'm stuck on the forums because my computer crashed and I'm annoyed. *mutters to self*
Back to top Go down
http://caringbridge.com/visit/austincauthen
Inukami

Renown : 18

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix Igniton Battlegroups!   Phoenix Igniton Battlegroups! Icon_minitimeSat Feb 26, 2011 12:16 pm

I like the idea of running with the same people. It allows you to get more comfortable with their play-style to know what to expect from others. Like what Snargles said though, we will probably have to be dynamic in how we setup the groups just based on needs of the current situation.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix Igniton Battlegroups!   Phoenix Igniton Battlegroups! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Phoenix Igniton Battlegroups!
Page 1 of 1