Phoenix Ignition
Phoenix Ignition
Phoenix Ignition
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RegisterHomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Beta Weekend 6-5-12
Borderlands - First Look Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2012 8:22 pm by Anoman

» Prerelease Recruitment
Borderlands - First Look Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2012 7:31 pm by Anoman

» Release Date?!?
Borderlands - First Look Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2012 2:38 pm by Dyxin

» Trying out a new hosting site
Borderlands - First Look Icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2012 1:49 pm by Anoman

» Holy freaking awesome!!!!
Borderlands - First Look Icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2012 1:42 pm by Anoman

» Realm of the Mad God
Borderlands - First Look Icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2012 9:46 pm by Anoman

» Thoughts and opinions.
Borderlands - First Look Icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2012 8:45 pm by Anoman

Poll
What night(s) works best for Warzone night?
Monday
Borderlands - First Look Empty0%Borderlands - First Look Empty
 0% [ 0 ]
Tuesday
Borderlands - First Look Empty0%Borderlands - First Look Empty
 0% [ 0 ]
Wednesday
Borderlands - First Look Empty22%Borderlands - First Look Empty
 22% [ 2 ]
Thursday
Borderlands - First Look Empty44%Borderlands - First Look Empty
 44% [ 4 ]
Friday
Borderlands - First Look Empty11%Borderlands - First Look Empty
 11% [ 1 ]
Saturday
 11% [ 1 ]
Sunday
 11% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 9
Most Viewed Topics
Ranks discussion
Guardian or Defiant?
Beta Weekend 6-5-12
Ali's story thread
Free PI Stickers!
Regular Group setup
Podcast!!!
Risen From the Ashes
Top 5 Movies of All Time!
Top 5 Bands All Time

Borderlands - First Look

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Anoman
Admin
Anoman

Renown : 603

Borderlands - First Look Empty
PostSubject: Borderlands - First Look   Borderlands - First Look Icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2009 4:42 pm

Well I picked up this game this morning with Jason and Nate. I played straight for about 3 hours, and this review will be only covering that time period.

If you are looking for a game with a rich story and lots of cut scenes; this isn't your game. If, however, you are looking to shoot and kill hundreds of enemies, and continuously search for the best weapon and armor, then get this now! It has the basic loot system that you would find in games such as WoW or War, with items having colored indication on how good they are. Grey is junk, Green is good, Blue is better, Purple is best. (I have only seen up to purple, there may be orange or whatever.) The cool part about this system, is that it requires twitch actions (FPS) instead of just clicking numbered buttons, and you can definitely tell the difference between a Grey item and Blue item in terms of feel.

Like I mentioned, I played these 3 hours with Nate and Jason. I have to say, playing with friends definitely made it a better experience. It did suck that Nate didn't have a mic though. We found some true challenges while completing quests, and some of the bosses were fairly sweet to defeat. I wouldn't say they were amazing, but I have only run into 2 or 3 of the beginning bosses.

I have to say the best part of this game is finding the next coolest gun. When you open a weapon case and there sits a purple sniper with the barrel longer than the case, you get a little excited.

The last quest before having to head to class was certainly a challenge. It was a dungeon type level were we had to fight our way to the bottom and kill the HUGE boss. It was very hard getting down, and even harder getting back out (Due to lack of ammo). This really made it interesting to add this challenge, but unfortunately I had to quit before making it out.

One downfall with this game so far is it seems a bit redundant. It lacks some Wow factor with varying quests and what not. It is cool when you have to storm bandit cities or hideouts, but it really does seem redundant. However, I still very much enjoyed my first 3 hours of this game, and will continue to play until all the achievements are complete.

If you think you will fall behind by buying the game a week after us, do not worry. First a lvl 30 can play with a lvl 5, and I will be starting over 4 times to play with each character, which you must level up separately.

I recommend giving this game a try.

8.5/10

Last edited by UnR34lh3adshotz on Tue Oct 20, 2009 5:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
slimjim1986

slimjim1986

Renown : 63

PostSubject: Borderland review #1 from slimjim1986   Borderlands - First Look Icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2009 5:01 pm

As Josh mentioned, I've only played this game for a little over 3 hours and we haven't even found or done the coolest things this game mentions, meaning, hours and hours of fun. The weapon selection is amazing and it seems like the game is endless.

I love how the game feels like one giant map and not levels. I also love the different color weapons dealing more and more damage. One of the things I love about the game is that the enemy's level up just as quick as you do, so nothing is ever easy. You have to work to meet your quest or goals. This game is definitely a must have and must play.

I do agree with josh that its extremely fun to play with your friends on co-op, although I haven't played single player yet, so I will keep you updated. But if you want a new and exciting experience, I highly recommend playing this game. It's pretty sweet and awesome. It's awesomesweet! afro
Back to top Go down
Anoman
Admin
Anoman

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands - First Look   Borderlands - First Look Icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2009 5:59 pm

If anyone is interested in ever playing and I'm not on, feel free to email me or give me a call.
Back to top Go down
Anoman
Admin
Anoman

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands - First Look   Borderlands - First Look Icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2009 6:38 pm

I can't stand sitting in class! I wanna play now!

I havn't heard a bad thing about this game. Check out what the Xbox community is saying about it.

"This game is like if Diablo met Halo 3 - and they had a baby. And then, meanwhile, Call of Duty 4 and the Fallout 3 met and had a baby. And by some miracle, those two babies met and f***ed - this would the game that they birthed."

http://forums.xbox.com/29563788/ShowPost.aspx
Back to top Go down
Anoman
Admin
Anoman

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands - First Look   Borderlands - First Look Icon_minitimeThu Oct 22, 2009 11:05 pm

I just wanted to add that this game is addicting as hell, and it is easily as fun played alone. If your on the fence whether to purchase this or not, do it!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Borderlands - First Look   Borderlands - First Look Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Borderlands - First Look
Page 1 of 1